Monday, May 16, 2016

Homeschooling With Felicity Merriman: Meet Felicity Discussion Questions

I absolutely love the dialog that American Girl can open up about the differences between different time periods in history and our own. Whenever we come up with questions that result in particularly interesting discussions I write them down as discussion questions. At the end of each book I place all those together in our lesson plans. I've decided to share these here with all of you. Please, if you have more discussion questions to add to these lists, share them in the comments. I love adding to my resources!



Meet Felicity Discussion Questions


1. You may have noticed that the people in Felicity's time speak differently than we do today. Why do you think that is? What are some of the words they use that are different, and what do they mean? What are some phrases they use that are different, and what do they mean?

2. Felicity's mother says to her "Haste makes waste". What do you think that means?

3. Was Felicity right in what she did with Penny? Why or why not? What would you have done in Felicity's place?




Remember, the above lesson is just a suggestion. You do not have to do it in the exact same way that I did. Take the things you love about it and mold it to fit your educational needs! And, as always, if you use any of our lessons in your classroom, or have an idea that I might like, please share with me! I'd love to see what you do. You can leave your message directly in the comments or send an email to Dollywollydoodlebug@gmail.com. Your story could be shared on the blog! 

do ask that you link back to the blog if you share this lesson plan anywhere else, or provide a link if you share any other blog/person's ideas here. I love sharing ideas and brainstorming, but please give credit where credit is due. 

~Mrs. D

No comments:

Post a Comment