Monday, May 2, 2016

The Battle of Hogwarts: My Search for a OOAK Custom Harry Potter Doll

I do have interests beyond dolls. Outside of my family one of my biggest passions is Harry Potter. I'm not sure that I can even begin to touch on how obsessed much I adore the world that J.K. Rowling created. I certainly can't do it in one blog post. 

Why bring up Harry Potter in a blog about dolls you ask? Well, I haven't had much of a chance to talk about it yet, but the world of custom dolls that is out there blows my mind! Today, on the 18th anniversary of The Battle of Hogwarts, I thought I'd look around and see what I could find in the way of Harry Potter custom dolls. 

I will be the first to admit that I am rather picky about anything Harry Potter related, but even I was surprised at the lack of good Harry Potter customs out there. There are some amazing costumes and accessories that have been made for 18 inch dolls, but very few dolls that I would consider good representations of the characters in the books. (You can't just slap some Gryffindor robes on Felicity and call her Ginny! You just can't!) However, I did find a Luna that I thought I would share, because I was extremely impressed with the detail she put into sewing her costume. (And because Luna is one of my favorites, so I was happy to find a customized Luna, even if she needed her radish earrings and butter beer necklace.) 



You can find the original post here. (Complete with more pictures!) It now seems to me like I might need to try my own hand at some Harry Potter custom dolls in the future. How adorable would a set of Weasleys (complete with sweaters) be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment