Below you will find a list of discussion questions that we used while reading Felicity's Surprise during our Felicity Unit. If you can think of any other questions to add to the list please leave a comment.
Felicity's Surprise Discussion Questions
1. Felicity is so excited about being invited to the dance lesson at the Governor's Palace, but Ben is adamant about not wanting her to go. Why do you think Ben feels so strongly about Felicity not going? What do you think about what Felicity's father says at the store when Felicity and Ben ask about her going?
2. Why do you think that it was so important to Felicity to have a new dress for the dance lesson?
3. After her mother gets ill even thinking about the dance lessons makes Felicity very sad. Why do you think that is? Why do you think she no longer enjoys looking at the beautiful doll?
4. Even though Felicity's dress is finished in time, she would not be able to attend the dance lessons without an escort. Why do you think that is? Why was that so important in Felicity's time?
5. Ben was so against Felicity going to the Palace for the dance lessons. Why then do you think he agreed to escort her? Why do you think he helped Elizabeth and her family finish Felicity's dress?
Remember, the above lesson is just a suggestion. You do not have to do it in the exact same way that I did. Take the things you love about it and mold it to fit your educational needs! And, as always, if you use any of our lessons in your classroom, or have an idea that I might like, please share with me! I'd love to see what you do. You can leave your message directly in the comments or send an email to Dollywollydoodlebug@gmail.com. Your story could be shared on the blog!
I do ask that you link back to the blog if you share this lesson plan anywhere else, or provide a link if you share any other blog/person's ideas here. I love sharing ideas and brainstorming, but please give credit where credit is due.