Thursday, June 23, 2016

The "...And MORE!"

I wrote a post earlier about the Wellie Wishers release. I had planned to highlight some of the other new releases on the American Girl site in the same post, but decided that the Wellie Wishers deserved their own introduction post. And, honestly, these new items deserved their own post too.

For those of you ready for some camping your American Girl is ready right along with you! The largest of these new items is this Adventure Pop-Up Camper that I absolutely dread my own children seeing, because I can tell you with 100% certainty that they will want it!


Of course, you can't go camping without the essentials, and AG has provided those from the tent and campfire to the clothes you need for hiking in the wilderness. Your girls are ready for days of hiking and nights around the campfire with stories and s'mores! 




This release of new items has also seen the arrival of an outfit that leaked over a month ago on Lissie & Lilly. At the time the thought was that these would probably be released in the Fall, but I'm happy to see them a little early. I think these are really cute jammies, and I love that they coordinate with the cute Pomeranian puppy that was released last month! I think we have a couple of dollies that might need these at some point. 


There are also a ton of new Truly Me outfits for both dolls and girls, and American Girl is trying something a little new with them. They are offering these outfits as mix and match pieces that you can buy individually instead of as a full outfit, similar to Girl of the Year Isabelle's individually sold pieces. I've heard mixed opinions on this. Some people are really excited to be able to buy exactly the pieces they want from each outfit, and some people are upset that this comes out to full outfits being more expensive than they usually are when sold as a set. I tend to lean in the direction of the latter opinion. I like the idea of creating your own outfits, but the heftier price tag will cause us to steer clear of them without amazing sales or coupons. Sorry, AG. 



On the other hand, I think some of the new accessories are adorable. (Even knowing that rings get lost faster than pennies!) I particularly like the Brownie Ombre Glasses. I might need those for me. 




AG even tossed out some new releases for the Bitty Babies, maybe to make up for the fact that they are taking away our Twins, that are kind of cute. (Though the zebra/cat looking combo confuses me.)

I don't think it's actually supposed to look like zebra stripes, but it doesn't remind me of a tiger striped kitten either. 


Oh, and we can't forget that the second Melody book and the 3 book boxed set are now available everywhere! That's exciting, even if we still don't know when we'll be able to get our hands on the doll! 

It would take a much longer post to feature all of the new releases, but you can check them out here. Over all I think it was a pretty exciting day for American Girl fans. I know my little fans are excited. Mommy might be too. 

~Mrs. D 

 *All images in this post came from the American Girl website

No comments:

Post a Comment